Kurt Bratten is a partner in the Health Law Department of O’Connell and Aronowitz. His practice includes advising clients in various industries on regulatory, health law and other civil matters. Kurt’s counseling services include assisting medical and other service providers with the interpretation and navigation of state and federal regulatory requirements. Kurt is active in the firm’s Article 78 and Court of Claims practices and has successfully challenged various actions taken by the New York State Department of Health.
Although a significant part of his practice is dedicated to health law, Kurt also provides outside general counsel and civil litigation services to numerous businesses. He has litigated a broad spectrum of complex business disputes, employment and intellectual property matters in state and federal courts across New York and Massachusetts. His business litigation experience includes employment and contractual disputes, corporate break-ups, and more specialized areas such as intellectual property matters, trade secret protection and the enforcement of restrictive covenants. Of equal importance, Kurt has successfully advised companies about how and when to avoid litigation so they can focus their energy and resources on their businesses.
Kurt serves on the Board of Directors of the Northeast String Orchestra and is a 2012 graduate of Leadership Tech Valley. Prior to joining the firm, Kurt worked for the law firm of Gesmer Updegrove LLP in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Legal Considerations Relating to the Use of Social Networking, American Association of Bioanalysts‘ 2011 Annual Meeting and Educational Conference, May 12, 2011, Austin, Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- United States District Court, District of Massachusetts
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- New York State
- American Health Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- Leadership Tech Valley, Class of 2012
- New England School of Law
- Mary Washington College